I cannot believe that Amelia is 3 weeks old already!
We are doing really well but it has been an interesting few weeks. Here are just a few highlights of our last few weeks!
- Amelia came home on April 1st. This was the 5th anniversary of our engagement and my official due date!
- Amelia lost nearly a pound of weight before she left the hospital, so we had several weight checks at the doctor's office over her first two weeks. As of last Thursday she was back to her birth weight of 9 lbs 9 oz.
- Amelia has been sleeping 5.5 - 6 hour stretches since she was 8 days old!
- She came down with an eye infection when she was 10 days old and that has finally cleared up!
- Her baby acne came in at 2 weeks 1 day and it is one of the worst cases that our pediatrician has seen. Luckily it has already started clearing up. Her forehead is nearly clear and her cheeks are getting there. At its worst - her entire face was bright red with little pimples everywhere! Now her skin is still dry, but it's really just her cheeks that are clearing up.
- I came down with Mastitis on Monday (ouch!) but am on antibiotics now and am feeling much much better!
- Amelia's BFF Grace Eleanor was born to our dear friends Ellie & Eric on Tuesday morning!
- Amelia is still in newborn diapers and pants, but her newborn onesies are getting a bit hard to squeeze her into!
So that is what we have been up to! Here are some pictures from our last few weeks. Including her newborn photos!
In the Hospital:
First Tummy Time!
Newborn Photo Shoot:
My next post (hopefully tomorrow) will include pictures of Amelia's nursery!