Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Really? Snow?

ANOTHER snowstorm?! O.M.Goodness!

I live in the Northeast and although snow is certainly not something new for me, I just cannot believe HOW much we are getting! It just seems to be the never ending snow-a-thon and mother nature has been picking a day each week to just go CrrrrrAzy!

There are things that I <3 and hate about the snow. I know that these may not be new to anyone, but still - I just have to tell you:

Hate: Driving. Oy! I drive a small 2 door car that does NOT 'handle' snow very well. Instead, snow handles my car ... and me. I remember one evening last year where the whole car swerved out of control and I ended up on the other side of the road facing the wrong direction. Luckily it wasn't a very busy street and my car just crazed a snowbank on the other side of the street. I was able to quickly turn around and get back home safely (I thank God for this EVERY snow storm). 

Love: Fur*Baby + Snow = Adorable! I absolutely love when it is snowing and he comes into the house from licking the snow and sports a face full of snow and a black coat turned white on top. He just LOVES snow. It's like a game to him and it makes it even more fun for me!

Hate: Shoveling!!!!! I have been so fortunate the last few snowstorms though! Hubstar got a riding mower and attached a plow to it! I haven't had to lift a finger (crossing them this won't change) :o)

Love: Snow Days! My company had a snow day for the 2010 Blizzard and I will find out later if we are having another one tomorrow. I am hoping for a snow day to spend with puppy before he goes in for his next surgery. He goes in on Thursday and comes home to us on Friday evening. Just in time to celebrate my birthday this weekend! 

So what do you think of the snow? Are you looking forward to it or already over it?

No comments: